If you have been injured in a truck accident involving a sem-truck, a tractor-trailer truck, or 18 wheeler, you are not alone. The attorneys at Power & Power Law are dedicated to obtaining the maxiumum compensation for accident victims.
Every year accidents involving large trucks kill about 5,000 people and injure some 115,000 others. The injuries sustained can be devastating because of the vast weight difference btween a large truck, espically if fully loaded, and a general passenger vehicle, even if the impact was relatively slight.
Your accident may have been caused by the following:
- The truck is traveling too fast for the conditions;
- The truck is tailgating or following the vehicle in front of it too closely, resulting in a rear-end collision when the vehicle in front is required to come to an abrupt stop;
- The truck’s brakes are old and worn or otherwise faulty and incapable of stopping the truck in time to avoid a collision;
- The truck driver is fatigued and does not take the rest periods required by federal and state laws;
- The truck driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- The truck driver is inattentive or distracted;
- The trucker failed to yeild the right of way before entering a roadway or making a turn;
- The truck driver loses control of the truck for reasons that include a shifting load or inclement weather such as ice or high winds;
- Poor maintenance such that the truck is not in a roadworthy condition;
- The truck driver making an illegal manuever;
If you have been involved in a trucking accident, you need the right legal representation. Power & Power Law attorneys have obtained a perfect 10.0 AVVO rating and have recovered millions of dollars for clients injured in motor vehicle accidents. Our Anchorage personal injury lawyers have over 30 years of combined experience in hadling cases like yours and are committed to helping client obtain justice.
Contact Power & Power Law today.